The Big Ol’ List of Generators for Storytelling
Every storyteller has their moment of blank-mindedness, or things they’re just not good at. Be they creating maps for a tabletop role-playing game or fantasy novel, or finding names for throwaway characters. So we at TaleBlend have created this big old list of prompt, name and map generators of use to the storyteller.
If you know of any other generators worthy of adding to the list, please leave a comment below.
- colormayfade’s Writing Prompt Generator – Multi-variate writing prompt generator for fiction.
- Seventh Sanctum Prompt Generator – Part of a collection of generators from Seventh Sanctum.
- Random Plot Generator – Plot generator from writingexercises.co.uk.
- HubSpot’s Blog Ideas Generator – Generates random titles to help bloggers generate article ideas.
- Redital’s Journal & Blog Prompt Generator – Generates random journal & blog prompts.
- Business Name Generator – Creates names for industry.
- namegenerator.biz – Has a vast array of name generators for whatever your need.
- Fantasy Name Generators – Massive number of generators and settings. A valuable resource.
- Azgaar’s Fantasy Map Generator – Full-page, full-color map generation with plenty settings to play with.
- Martin O’Leary’s Fantasy Map Generator – Multi-step Tolkien-esque fantasy map generator.
- Medieval City Generator – Generates medieval cities with a few different settings.
- donjon’s Sci-Fi World Generator – Generates planets for science fiction settings.